Dog Boarding Tips
What to look for in a great Long Island New York Dog Kennel?
We highly recommend you visit your select dog boarding kennel. Look for the below tip and ask questions. Does the following apply to your dog pet sitting hotel service:
- Is there a go to vet available for any emergencies?
- Are there any emergency procedures in place, just in case they are ever needed?
- Will the facility administer your dog’s medications?
- Is the facility fresh, does it look and smell clean?
- Is there good ventilation and lighting?
- Is the facility temperature controlled? Is the temperature comfortable when you visited?
- Is the staff professional, caring and knowledgeable?
- Are pets required to be current on their vaccinations, including the vaccine for canine kennel cough (Bordetella)? (Such a requirement helps protect your animal and others.)
- Does each dog have his own adequately sized indoor-outdoor run or an indoor run and a schedule for exercise?
- Are outdoor runs and exercise areas protected from wind, rain, and snow?
- Are resting boards and bedding provided to allow dogs to rest off the concrete floor?
- Are cats housed away from dogs?
- Is there enough space for cats to move around comfortably?
- Is there enough space between the litter box and food bowls?
- Are pets fed more than once per day?
- Can the owner bring a pet’s special food?
- What veterinary services are available?
- Are other services available such as grooming, training, bathing?
- How are rates calculated?